Hello, and thank you for stopping by.
If you are interested in a kitten or wish to be placed on our waiting list
Please complete the following application and email it to us
(Sorry you will need to copy and paste it) then send to
- Name (First & Last) of adults in household
- Email address
- Home address, city, state, zip and phone numbers (cell & landline)
- Where did you hear about OpalReys Kittens?
- How many children are in your house hold and what are their ages?
- Who will help you if you are unable to take care of this kitten or in case of vacation?
- Do you have any other animals? if so, how many and types?
- Have you ever had a pedigree animal/cat before? Explain.
- Would you consider declawing the cat?
- Persians can live 15-20+ years, can you commit to keeping your kitten for its whole life? Make arrangements for its future?
- Please provide your pets vet information. Name locations, phone number.
- Are you currently on other breeders waiting list? If so, which cattery?
- Have you ever owned a Persian or long haired cat? Which cattery line?(skip if answered in 10)
- Are you FULLY experienced in taking daily care of a long furred animal, meaning brushing/combing long fur. Getting out mat, correctly wiping the eyes and nails, clipping and monthly baths???
- If not, are you budgeting to hire a groomer or learn to bath and shave on your own?
- Do you have a color preference?
- What type of quality are you looking: Top Show, Show, Top Breeder, Breeder, or Pet?
- What time frame are you looking at?
- Do you have a preference for sex?
- Are you prepared to cover on pet insurance?
- IF YOU ARE A BREEDER, WHAT ORGANIZATION(S) ARE YOU REGESTERS WITH (EX. CFA, TICA)?
- What is the name of your cattery?
- Please provide your breeder registration information?
- How many cats do you currently have in your breeding program?
- What catteries do you work with ?
- What are you working on?
- What region are you in?
- Do you plan on showing this kitten?
- Do you have experience in showing cats?
- If so, how many years?
- How many show/breeders do you own?
- What region are you showing in?
Congratulations @ You are taking the next first step into owning a beautiful and super loving Persian OpalReys kitten.
Using my email address is the best way to reach us - sorry,
but because of scams and spams,
I do not reply to emails that do not have an introduction
about what you are looking for and the environment a cat/kitten would have.
MORE ABOUT US:
My love for Persian cats began while I was volunteering at the local shelter in Torrance Ca. I was 13 years old. I became enamored with the Persians and their laidback personalities over the years and this began my journey. However, so many had serious breathing problems due to the breeding preference years ago. I felt there would be less Persians in shelters, if the problem was addressed with the breeding.(I was obviously not the only one as thankfully the open expression became popular.)
I became friends with one of the Persian rescuers and started helping her show with CFA for several years. I bought a stunning white coppered eyed girl, from an International show in Los Angeles CA. She was named - Opal. The rest is history.